What are The Preservation Collective members working on?....
- Researching relevant areas of historical and environmental concern.
- Learning about regulatory agency involvement in development plans.
- Continuing education by attending local land use planning seminars and conferences.
- Participating member of the Moonda Creek Watershed Intermunicipal Council on the Education and Outreach Committee.
- Participating in the Annual Orange County Earth & Water Festival to provide educational activities to help children learn about the importance of the environment.
- Promoting the benefits of open space preservation.
- Encouraging the public to participate in the review process of new development decisions.
Examples of specific projects:
- 2017: Provided information to Village of Kiryas Joel re: impacts of proposed VMG development on border of Monroe.
- 2015: Provided information to Town Board of Monroe re: proposed zoning code changes.
- 2015: Provided information to Village of Kiryas Joel on draft environmental impact statement re: proposed annexation.
- 2014: Provided information to Village of Kiryas Joel on draft scoping document re: proposed annexation.
- 2012: Provided information to Monroe Town Board regarding their demolition plans of old Faber Barn.
- 2011: Provided information to Monroe Town Board and Planning Board regarding OAD (Open Area Development) request by developer owning Round Lake Island.
- 2003 - present: Provided information and concerns to Monroe Town Board and Planning Board regarding Henry Farms Development Project and the adjacent Landfill; see past efforts.
- For recent activity in Town of Chester: click on Chester
If you have any questions or wish to share your ideas, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org